Thursday, August 11, 2011

Did you know you're a STAR?

I thought I would share with you what I shared with the children at church last night. This is a topic that many people struggle with, but will not admit it to others or even themselves. I talked to the children about being special or a “star” in the eyes of God.

In my lesson I had my daughter put on a dress coat, tie, hat and glasses. I then asked the kids if they recognized her. Of course they did. Even with the disguise they were able to tell who she was. The point being the clothes you wear does not change who you are! We live a society that determines the value of a person by their skin color, weight, hair color or the price of their clothes. But the truth is that none of these things determine who you are. God made each of us unique for a reason.

1. God is not fooled by the disguise we wear. Many people try to hide who they really are with God. They will wear a costume of religion, good works and false religion. None of these things fool God. He knows exactly who you are and what you are. He is the one who created you by the way. God knows if we are real or fake. You may fool others but you will never fool God.

2. You are who you are because God wanted you that way. If you are short, tall, black, white, heavy or skinny God made you the way He wanted you to be. Please don’t look at someone else and say “if I was more like them my life would be better.” You are special in the eyes of God just the way you are. Do you not think that if God wanted you to be different He would have made you different? Plus, wouldn’t it be boring if we were all alike?

3. You are a star in God’s eyes. What do you see when you look in the mirror? Do you see wrinkles? What about a double chin? Maybe you see gray hair where dark hair used to be. Do you realize that when God sees you He sees a star? You are so special to God that He gave the best He had, so that you could just live in His presence on day. God thinks you’re so special He gave His Son to die for you.

Let me finish by sharing a poem with you that I had the kids repeat last night.

“Star light, star bright
I’m a star alright.
Every day, and every night
I am special in God’s sight.”

Don’t carry that baggage of low self esteem any more. Realize you are who God intended you to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment